Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Poor Savannah

So Wednesday morning, the 20th, Savannah was playing outside with the kids. Tristen came in and asked me where the bandaids were. I told him and I didn't think anything else about it. A little while later we left the house to go do some errands. Thats when I noticed the bandaid was for Savannah. I asked what happend and they explained that she just got a cut on her foot. Tristen cleaned it and put a bandaid on it. Good job Tristen! It wasn't until we were at a clinic to get sports physicals that I realized there might be more to the cut. The bandaid had fallen off so I got to take a look. It was a small cut but there was something inside it. It was a small piece of glass. Poor girl - all day she was walking around with glass in her foot! Because it was a clinic for sports physicals they couldn't remove it right there. We went home and tried to get it out but I gave up. I was afraid that I was going to break it. So we took her into Urgent Care.


Here she is at the urgent care. Sorry not the best picture. I didn't think to take my camera so this is with my cell phone.


The doctor came in and dug it out. She did very well. I'll be honest though, I was glad it was the doctor hurting her and not me. After it was out she was great. They let her keep her little piece of glass so that she can show Hans when he gets back.

1 comment:

nana.amc said...

Savannah is so brave and Tristen is turning into a great scout. It is always better when a doctor or nurse inflicts pain!