Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day One (Tuesday)

We left on Tuesday to make the 10 hour drive to Logan, UT. Hans was not able to come with us this time due to a TDY. He really wanted to come and meet JaNae (new sister-in-law) but no matter how many ways we tried to work the trip it just couldn't happen.


The trip actually went very well. The kids were great. Most people think I am crazy for driving that far alone with four kids. Honestly, that was the easiest part of the trip. They watched movies most of the time. They all had wireless headphones so I didn't even have to listen to the movies. I cranked my music and sang my heart out. I hardly ever heard the kids. Only when they wanted a drink from the cooler or a snack. Gavin loved to help me pump the gas and Tristen and Makayla kept washing the bugs off the windows (Thanks guys!).


We made it to the hotel great. We had a nice room with 3 beds. All that really means is there are more to jump on. Yippee for me! My only complaint was that we were on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator. It got old carrying up all those suitcases. The kids got to see their Nana, Papa, and Uncle Michael that night before we hit the beds.

No comments: