Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day Two (Wednesday)

We spent Wednesday morning shopping for clothes for the wedding. I thought it would be easy since we would be in Utah. A lot of people go to church there so I figured there would be options. Makayla didn't need anything but I surprised her with a new necklace for the wedding. Savannah was fairly easy. The boys - very hard. After we finally found some pants that would work (with belts) we moved on to shirts. Why do they only sell long-sleeved shirts in the summer? After finding shoes for the boys and myself we were done shopping.

Later that day we went back to the hotel to meet up with the family. That's when all the kids got to hang out. David and Sarah had two rooms right next to me so it was great for the kids to be able to walk between the rooms. That was the first time we had all 12 kids together. So great! It was so neat to see them instantly get along. I hope that can continue as time goes on and we get together again.
Later that night was our first dining out experience as a large group. Some of us went to Olive Garden. There were 5 Adults and 9 kids. The waiter did excellent and my kids loved it. Gavin loves their salad and probably eats more than I do. Funny for a 3 year old.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

My kids love Olive Garden, too. Kids surprise you like that sometimes. Sounds like a great trip!