The next project was to paint the master bedroom. Hans and I wanted to have our room done so it could feel like an escape from the rest of the many projects to come. I have a hard time picking paint. I have lots of colors that I like, but I take my time to make sure that I really like something. For example - I had picked out 4 sample colors for the family room - and I liked them all until I painted them. Needless to say - we didn't use those 4 colors. So for my bedroom it was funny that I found a sample card that had a color combo with 4 colors on it and I loved it. I didn't even buy the sample paint we just jumped in and decided to do it.
I do have to say that one of our best purchases was the paint sprayer. We figured that since we knew we would be painting the whole house we "needed" one. Within the first 5-10 min of using it - I knew we made the right choice - Hans had the whole ceiling painted.


Before we could start on the walls the kids helped us prep them. We scraped all sorts of bumps and globs off before. It sure came in handy to have 2 great helpers for this project.


We painted the walls 2 shades of brown. Three walls are the same color and then the wall with the headboard is a little darker. I love it. Hans and I have a pretty big bed. It is high off the ground and it hasn't always been a good one to move around. We haven't had the bed all put together for 4 years now so I was pretty excited to actually get to put it together here. Of course in one of the moves we lost all the hardware to it, but Hans went out and bought some new bolts and now we get to actually use it again. Now all I need to do is figure out the new bedding and accessorize. Once I do, I'll have to update the bedroom pictures.
2 comments:
wait, what was project #2?
Sounds lovely. I wish I was as motivated as you.....
Post a Comment