Thursday, July 2, 2009

And the move began...

I never thought I'd actually get caught up to the time we moved. It took a while, but I did.

On May 26th the packers showed up to start packing everything up. The best part of a military move is that they come in and pack everything for you and then haul it away. We had 2 days scheduled for the packers but they did it all in one. I knew we didn't have that much stuff. It was a long day of packing but I was glad when it was done.

The TLF was booked for the first part of the move so the kids and I stayed down the street with some friends. Thanks Laura for letting us crash at your place. It sure was fun and now the kids always want to have pancakes your way.
The truck was able to come a day earlier so on the 27th everything was loaded on the truck. We ended up with a great crew that worked really hard. They pulled away by 5pm. The fun part about that day was the water on base was turned off most of the day so no one could use the bathroom unless they drove to Burger King.
Thursday was great. I had the day that I could finish doing errands (like picking up my pottery piece). We moved into the TLF which were very nice. Also my Dad flew in to help me with the rest of the move. We started cleaning a little that night. The rest of the weekend was full of cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. I don't think I've ever cleaned that long and that hard. My Dad was great and did most of the tough cleaning. I got stuck washing the walls, fans, window tracks, and windows. One day my Dad even got up early to go finish painting before the kids got up. Isn't he the best!!

Besides all the cleaning we had some great dinners from friends and enjoyed the break to eat with them. We had wonderful friends that help out watching the kids and I am very grateful for them. It really helped out a lot!

Even though we were moving Makayla still had to do homework. Where else to do it besides the floor. She was working on a report for school about Leatherback Sea Turtles.Kids tired of hanging out in the house - with nothing to do. We were painting and the other rooms were off limits.Bye, bye blue wallsAnd once again she passes out. This girl can fall asleep anywhere. In her defence it was a pretty late night.

Tuesday June 2nd was when we finally left Fairchild. We had a house inspection that morning and I was glad to hear that she thought our house was immaculate. I think it was because my Dad did most of the cleaning. The carpet cleaner had to come out again to get a few spots out, but besides that the house was great. We left town around noon and started our drive across country.

2 comments:

Jamison Family said...

Oh but those walls were sooo pretty :) So glad that your Dad was able to help you all drive out to OH!

Clay Laura CJ Preston and Aparri said...

We were sooo glad to have you guys stay. Sad to have seen you guys go... CJ still asks about Gavin. Can't wait to see you soon. Miss you tons...it is so sad to go by your house and have it empty..but good times!