Friday, August 7, 2009

Taking on the Bathroom

The first part of August we decided to take on the upstairs bathroom...aka the kids bathroom. The kids were getting really tired of all the house projects so to make this one a little better we decided to let them decorate it. Hans and I wanted to get rid of the linoleum floor and put in tile so it was kind of fun for the kids to get some say in what their bathroom would look like. We started this project a week before Makayla's birthday and we knew we had to finish it within that week because Nana and Papa were coming to celebrate with us.

Here is a semi before picture. The toilet was already removed (and put in the tub)

I didn't get any pictures of the actual tile job. Probably because there were some pretty frustrating times. I think the big lesson learned was to make sure you have the right tools for the job. After many broken tiles and some yelling (at the tiles....not each other) it all worked out.


The kids picked a fun yellow color for the walls so once we could walk on the tile I began painting. Tristen worked on the base boards getting them all painted and caulked in again.

We got the bathroom put back together and working just in time for Nana and Papa to come. I think we were all relieved at that point.

I'll post some pictures of the finished bathroom soon.

No comments: