We drove out to Gree-Gree & Grandpa's house on Friday and we were able to spend a few days with them. Hans and I were able to go on a long run together (for the first time ever). We did 8 miles with two BIG hills. It was hot and humid and so 8 was good enough - plus we were on vacation, right? We drove through a battlefield area and stopped in at a Visitor Center. We also went and watched Shrek 4 in 3D and the kids LOVED that. We also were able to stay a little longer to help Gree-Gree with a patio project. She was having concrete poured on Monday but she had to work so we stayed and watched over it. They colored it and stamped a design into it. It really was pretty neat to see how they did it.
Later on Monday evening we drove down to Nana & Papa's house. We got there in time to eat at a BBQ with them. On Tuesday we spent the day driving around and checking out that area of VA. We were able to take my Dad out to lunch and then he gave us a tour of the base there. Later that night we were able to go out for Italian Ice at Rita's. The kids were so excited to take Hans there for the first time. It is one thing they really look forward to every time we visit Nana & Papa.
Wednesday morning we packed up and headed to the lake. This was the whole purpose of us going out to VA this time. We were able to spend the rest of the week with our awesome friends - The Clapps. We did have to make one extra stop on the way to Lake Anna - to get life vests for the kids. After that it was one more hour in the car and the kids wore their life vests the rest of the way there.
Lake Anna was so beautiful! This was on the walk down to the dock from the house. We didn't waste much time once we got there to get all ready for some fun in the water!
The water was so great. Not too hot - not too cold - it was just right. Having the life vests was so nice! The kids were able to jump in and we didn't have to worry too much. Don't they look like they are having fun?



Jenni and I with all the kids
After a while we took the boat out to see more of the lake. 
We stopped in an area and were able to take a break and swim around for a while. The kids all swam up to the island
They also had a great time jumping in the water from the boat. Here is Tristen and Makayla sitting at the front of the boat.
The kids also enjoyed some fishing. They were all excited that they caught some. I know that they caught a lot of blue gill and even some catfish. They used bread for bait and some cheese for the catfish. For the first little while they were afraid to take the fish off the hooks but after a few days they got over it.



Here are some more pictures of everyone relaxing in the water
We also did some tubing behind the jet ski. That was a lot of fun.

Even Jenni went with Savannah in the tube. Makayla's arm was still stiff so she didn't enjoy the tube as much as everyone else.
We also enjoyed hanging around the house and enjoying some down time. That didn't happen too often since the kids kept us moving. From the time they got up until the time that we made them go to bed they wanted to play in the water/fish/boat/anything but sit.

We also enjoyed hanging around the house and enjoying some down time. That didn't happen too often since the kids kept us moving. From the time they got up until the time that we made them go to bed they wanted to play in the water/fish/boat/anything but sit.
On another boat ride
Kevin teaching me all about the jet ski. I'd been on way but it was years ago. Gavin rode with Kevin and I for a while. He thought that I would be safer to ride with because Hans was going pretty fast. We were having a great ride and then it happened. We had stopped completely and then the next thing we know the jet ski was tipping over. All three of us fell off. As soon as Gavin popped up in the water he said "Mom why did you do that?" and then as we were getting ready to climb back on he told me not to tell Dad and the other kids. Not like they didn't see us and had a good laugh themselves.
Tristen riding with Hans back to the house - we were all on the boat.
I would love to see this plane taking off and landing - pretty awesome
I knew that they had to be tired.
Check out that form
We found a turtle one day
I got to take a ride around the lake with Kevin one day. And I didn't tip over this time. And then take the kids for rides.


All the kids were loving the jet skis. They had so much fun on them. Funny thing is that Makayla wouldn't get on it for the longest time. I finally bribed her to get on one day. I had to pay her $2 and give her 2 Popsicles. I'm not sure that I ever paid her the $2 but she did get the popsicles. After the first ride she was hooked. After I was done taking all the kids on a few rides I turned it over to Hans. He took Tristen and Makayla out and Tristen told him to go as fast as he wanted and turn as hard as he wanted. Hans took advantage of that. Before we knew it both kids went flying off the back end. They had a GREAT time!
Deja isn't much of a water dog. It takes quite a bit of enticing to get her to go in. At the lake she would have to jump off the dock to get in and that just wasn't happening so she needed a little help. Hans is sure that she glared at him when she got back to land.
I even caught a fish one night. I was trying to catch a catfish but didn't.
The fun had to come to an end at some point and it just happened to be on Father's Day. We made a nice breakfast for the guys. Makayla made us all place cards and drew them pictures too.
We finished out the day with another game of corn hole too.
Then we finally hit the road. We had left something at Gree-Gree's house so we had to make a stop there. We stayed for a few hours so that Tristen and Hans could go to a movie with Grandpa. Then we started our drive back home. I don't think we left until after 5pm so we didn't get home until 2:30am. What a long trip back - but oh so worth it!! We can't wait to get to vacation again with you guys!

2 comments:
I love all the pictures. I'm so glad you got to visit with them. I hope we can see you all soon too!
How fun! we need to come on vacation with you guys next time :). You must have been wiped out. It looked so fun! I love when Gavin asked you why you tipped the jet ski over. Like you wanted to. I love the way their little minds work. We miss you guys. I am glad you got to take a fun trip this summer.
Post a Comment