Spending time in New Mexico and getting to see Carlsbad Caverns really spoiled us. This was nothing like that. It was very small and they only had guided tours - probably because it is so small and they want to make sure that you don't touch anything. You start in a building connected to the gift shop and then when it is your tour time they take you down a set of stairs right into the cavern.
They did turn off the lights at one point and that was pretty neat.
There were parts that Hans and I had to crouch down because the ceiling was low
The picture below is of the "King Crystal" 


The tour lasted 45 min and then we had to make a climb back to the surface. I think they said that it was 60 steps up - and they were steep. I know that at a time we were 100 ft below the ground.

No comments:
Post a Comment