Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time Capsule

So we finished the floor finally!! It took about a month to finish it all. The entire first floor is now wood and we LOVE it. It looks so beautiful and feels so much more inviting. I am going to have to get used to not vacuuming all the time now. Now that I am posting - I realized that I don't have pictures of the floor finished but you'll notice it in the pictures from time to time.

Our fireplace didn't have a hearth built with it so we decided that we would build it up a bit to create the separation from the wood floor. While doing this we thought it would be kind of fun to make a time capsule and place it inside of the hearth. We all wrote a little note about ourselves and what we liked about the house and area that we live in. Then we placed them in a bag with a few things that we liked. Some of the things that are inside are a Harry Potter Book, Polly Pocket, Car, Art book, a paper airplane, and piece of the hardwood floor.



Hans sealed up the hearth and who knows if anyone will ever find it? (check out the floor!)

1 comment:

TQ said...

That's a really cool idea. I bet the kids had fun picking out what to put in there.