Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spring

I am so grateful that Spring is here! I love to see the grass start turning green and the flowers blooming. It is amazing how fresh everything looks. We had a long winter with a lot of "last" snowfalls. I am trading in the snow shovel for the lawn mower. It is a good trade. The lawn mower is at least self propelled unlike the back wrenching shovel. We have already started redoing the flowerbeds and trimming the huge pine tree in the back yard.

My friend recently brought these flowers back from Seattle for me. I thought they were beautiful. They are from Pike Place Market. If any of you ever go to Seattle, you'll have to check them out. They do beautiful arrangements for a very low cost. It is amazing. Last time I was there was in August and the flowers were all fall colors. I love that they wrap them in the brown paper. Thanks Jenni for getting them for me! I love seeing them on my table.
In the military lifestyle - Spring also symbolizes the start of moving season. It lasts all summer too! There is even a moving truck blocking my driveway today =) It is sad to start seeing good friends leave. We really have met a lot of wonderful people here and many of them are moving away this year. It is always hard to say goodbye and sometimes even harder to try to welcome the new people. I have to remind myself that I was new once too and someday it will be our turn to move. For those of you leaving - We are going to miss you!!
Spring also is a renewal time for me. Most of us try to set New Year Resolutions and sometimes by now we might have slipped up a little. Nature refreshes itself and so it reminds me to do the same. It might also be because I know summer is right around the corner which means swimsuits will be coming out soon - yikes! Whatever Spring symbolizes to you - enjoy it while you can. (I really love living where there are 4 seasons)

2 comments:

Jamison Family said...

Jenni shared your blog with me. I am so glad that she has a family like you all to spend time with!

Stephanie

brandi said...

I have the same feeling of resolution in the springtime. And I love Pike's Place too! What a fun post to read. It is fun to stay in touch this way. Love ya!