Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sick Kids

It is never fun to have sick kids. Poor Savannah got sick in the middle of the night after Tanya's reception. We were all leaving the hotel that next morning and Savi didn't feel well at all. She threw up a few times and slept a lot. I was very grateful that I wasn't driving all the way back to Washington that day. We were driving up to Logan to spend the night with Michael and JaNae. Luckily by that evening she was feeling a lot better and even ate dinner.

Sunday we drove back to Washington and I was so glad that no one was sick. It didn't last long though. Makayla woke up Monday morning and didn't feel well. She laid around and by lunch time she felt fine. I think she was more worn out from the trip.

Tuesday Gavin got very sick. I dropped him off at school and he was fine. Within 10 minutes I got a call saying that he had thrown up. I hurried back and picked him up. He got very sick after that. He couldn't stop throwing up and around 3 pm he started having blood in his vomit. I picked the kids up after their after school computer class and drove straight to urgent care. We spent the next 3 hours there. The doctor ended up giving him a shot to make him stop throwing up.

I still had the camera in my purse from our trip to Utah so I figured we needed a picture of Gavin at Urgent Care. Makayla made a picture for the doctor while we waited in the room. It says Thanks for helping Gavin!The shot worked great for Gavin but he still was sick for 3 days. He didn't throw up anymore but he had a bad fever. This was all during the scare of swine flu so every time I talked to Hans he kept asking me if I was sure that it wasn't the swine flu. By the end of the week I was tired of being stuck in the house and amazed that somehow Tristen and I didn't get sick at all.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I had to read this one because at first I thought the kids were sick again. Glad to see all the updates! Can't wait to see you!