Sorry about being behind on posts. It has been a busy month and I can't believe that September is almost over. Where did all the time go. So I'll give a little update on what we have been doing.
Well I went to a spouses movie night of "Mama Mia." It was a fun night with the ladies and a few gentlemen here on the base. We did a great deal of $4.50 for the movie, drink, and popcorn. This is one of the ways we try to advertise our spouse groups here on the base.
I was in charge of Enrichment. It was "Back to School, Back to Basics." I think everyone had a great time. We had a cafeteria style dinner of corn dogs, chips, cookies, and juice boxes. While they ate they got to look at high school memorabilia on the tables. It was fun to see pictures from High School again. I passed out schedules and they split up and went to the different classes. Math class was on finances, History class was on Family History, Home EC was on tips for cleaning and organization, and PE was on fitness and nutrition. I ended up teaching the History class and I appreciated all the help I got from Grandma Winkler!
We took the kids to a free movie here on base - "Walle" It was cute and everyone got free drinks, popcorn, and candy. Crazy good deal!
I had two back to school nights for the kids. I got to go learn about what they are doing this year and meet the teachers a little better.
Hans' work had a fun day at the Funspot. I took Gavin and Savannah and enjoyed free pizza and getting to hand out with Hans. After school got out I brought Makayla and Tristen there so we could all bowl a game together. Hans and I played two games and I kicked his butt both times! I think my high score for the day was 142. Hans did manage to break 100 both games.
I started making the girls some really cute flower barrettes. I've made 7 so far and the girls are loving them. Thanks Sarah for sharing the cute idea with me. Everyone keeps complimenting them. When I make some more I'll post some pictures.
We had a big BBQ at our place last Friday for the people that work with Hans and their families. I think we had about 30 people at our place. It was so much fun to relax and enjoy everyone's company. We had some great food too! The kids had so much fun. All together there were 12 kids and they played great and the house was not destroyed! A good thing.
I spared Hans from going to another chick flick on Saturday. Instead Jenni went with me and we watch the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2." Thanks Jenni for going with me. Hans really appreciates it too!
The kids had their primary program at church this past Sunday. It turned out good but I think they are glad to have it over. A few weeks of practicing was way to much.
I finished the second book in the Twilight Series - "New Moon" I enjoyed it a lot. I was trying not to get to into it because I know that once I start I have a hard time stopping. Luckily we didn't have anything to really do on Saturday and Sunday (besides church) so I easily finished it up. I had only read the first 3 chapters. I'm debating on when to start the next book.
Well I think that about catches me up. Sorry for blabbing on but now I don't feel like I'm behind anymore!
Cilantro Lime Rice
5 weeks ago

1 comment:
I can't believe how fast the month has gone either. Seems just like yesterday we were all in Logan together. Do you think it goes by faster because we get so busy. They say the older you are the faster time seems to go. That must mean it is just zipping by for Papa and I!
Post a Comment