We finally made it to the pool this year. I faced my fear of the swimsuit!! The kids had such a good time. It was a lot of fun. It is great that Tristen and Makayla can pretty much do whatever they want in the pool. Gavin and Savannah had to cling onto Hans and I - seriously Gavin was clinging. We had to keep telling him not to hold on so tight. He did have a lot of fun and finally was relaxing a bit more. Gavin doesn't really like to get his face wet. Every time he takes a bath or a shower he is always telling us "not my face". At first the splashes were making him nervous, but he ended up doing really well. He would go under the water with Hans and was even jumping in. I though maybe he would get over the wet face problem, but sure enough as soon as he was going to take a shower he made sure that we didn't get his face wet. Savannah loves the water, but this pool just doesn't have a shallow enough end for her to easily play in (unless you go to the kiddie pool that is about 1 1/2 ft. deep). We did have to tell Tristen that he wasn't allowed to do flips in from the side. We didn't even know that he could do it until all of a sudden he did. At first I didn't even know that it was Tristen. I thought it was another kid, but no it was Tristen. It was pretty cool although probably not the best idea. 
Cilantro Lime Rice
5 weeks ago

4 comments:
If you have to brave the fear of the swimsuit then the rest of us are totally doomedwhen are you coming to Logan=)
lookin good! :) Oh i wish i could swim in a cool pool...It's been pretty hot here lately. That's impressive that Tristan can do flips now!
P.S. I like the new layout!
I'd give almost anything to look like you do in a swimming suit! It looks like the whole family had a great time. I really miss those summer days in Alamogodo when we spent part of each day in the pool. Certainly makes the heat more bearable.
It has been fun getting caught up on your summer. I enjoyed your pictures of the 4th. What a fun day! I have heard about that park in Spokane with the carousel--sounds so neat! I have been way to busy to blog about my 4th--I keep trying to decide whether not I should still do it. . . :)
You and Hans are such great parents--those kids are so lucky! I love staying in touch a little better through blogging!
Post a Comment