Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Bikes

Finally we got Tristen and Makayla new bikes. They have had theirs since they were each about 5. We headed downtown to get them and they were so surprised. They thought it was just another shopping trip. As soon as we got them out of the car they wanted to ride them. It was getting dark since it was around 9pm so they quickly went around the oval once that night. The next morning they wanted to go again. I had some errands to run so I told them they could go around the oval twice. Makayla had her first crash half-way around the street. Apparently she ran into the curb and went flying over the bike. She hit her nose and scraped her knees. Luckily - no blood. I was amazed. Last night Tristen ran into a truck (parked). I guess they need to get used to them still.


Savannah got Makayla's old bike and is thrilled. Someday she'll realize that hand-me-downs aren't always the funnest. She was really excited to actually have a bigger bike and is enjoying it. No accidents for her yet!



Gavin got this bike at Christmas from Uncle Haldan. He loves to ride it around. He usually uses his legs to get him going fast before he will peddle.

3 comments:

TQ said...

wow new bikes huh....haha Savannah WILL realize that hand me downs arent all that great. I remember having your old bike. :)

nana.amc said...

The new bikes look great! Hopefully there will be fewer crashes as they get use to their bikes.

Jenni said...

Can't wait to see the kids with the bikes when I get home this weekend!