Monday, June 2, 2008

Promotion!!!

Today was Hans' promotion ceremony. We got to watch him give the Oath of Office and then Gavin and Savannah pinned on 1Lt rank. Okay - it took a little bit of help from the Col and I. Those pins didn't want to go through his old rank. We finally got them on and it is official now. We had a big promotion party with our friends on Saturday. There were 3 other guys that were all promoting around the same time. It was a lot of fun. Congrats Hans! We are proud of what you do.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow! Congrats on the big move UP! That is really exciting. I loved the picture of everyone helping to put on the pin. So cute!!

I just got done reading "Lone Survivor" about the Navy Seal who was the only survivor of his team during a mission to Afghanistan. I totally loved the insights it gave me into what it takes to do what you guys do! It really gave me a new appreciation.

We are really proud of you! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hans!! You'r well on your way to being "Top Dog"!!
Congratulations,
Marti

brandi said...

Great job, congrats! I love the pic of everyone helping to put the pin on dad. I don't really know what the promotion means, but it sounds good!

Sarah said...

Way to go Hans!