So we are finally getting back into the swing of things. The kids are back in school and I know that I'm enjoying that! I think they miss spending their days playing outside and drinking hot coco. I'm sure we'll have some more snow days in the future.
This past weekend we went ice skating. It was pretty fun. Tristen and Makayla both had taken a session or two of lessons while we lived in Utah but it was a first for Savannah and Gavin. Tristen and Makayla pretty much did their own thing. Then there was me with the other two kids. They were both holding on for dear life and I was trying my best to not fall down. Finally I convinced Savannah to hold on the the rail. Once she did that she could go around the rink on her own. Gavin on the other hand couldn't keep his feet under him. They were sliding all over the place. I basically spent the time hunched over holding him up and skating him around the rink.
A short while after we got there it was time to take a break and watch the Zamboni. Here the kids are sitting and watching
After the Zamboni Tristen, Makayla and Savannah all headed out on the ice without me. I was worried about Savannah but she must be cute enough for the guy working there to help her out.This is the only way I could get a picture of Gavin. He was holding on to the wall as tight as he could.
It wasn't long before Savannah was out skating by herself. I was really proud of her. She did so good for her first time! Gavin didn't do quite as good as she did. I was still holding him up by the time it was to go. We all had fun though!

No comments:
Post a Comment