Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas Eve

So it is about time that I caught up a bit on the blog. Things have been pretty busy so the blog is the one thing that I had to let slide. But I do miss blogging!

We did more fun countdown activities - like going to get hot coco and then driving around to look at Christmas lights and even making Santa's cookies! By the time the day came for Santa to fall in the chimney, Gavin was so excited!

Our Christmas Eve day was spent baking cookies, making fudge, and even so last minute Christmas shopping. We returned home to make our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Clam chowder in soup bowls. This year I even made the soup bowls. Dinner was delicious and all the kids enjoy the clam chowder. After dinner Hans read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to the kids. He does this every year. Even last year when he wasn't home he called and read it to them over the phone. This year we were happy to have him home. Each year we open one present on Christmas Eve. It is always our Christmas PJ's, but no one ever complains. I think they get pretty excited about what they will look like. Here they all are dressed and ready for bed.We had to set our or cookies and milk for Santa as well. They were all excited for Christmas morning.

No comments: