Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The kids ended up with the week off of school and they definitely got used to staying up late and sleeping in again. Going back to school this week was kind of hard.

On Thanksgiving we had Jenni, her parents, and Abigail come over. We had tons of delicious food. This year we made the turkey (our second time ever) and it tasted really good. I put sliced oranges and lemons inside while it cooked (thanks Lauren for the idea). It was nice and juicy. Jenni and her parents brought the ham which was fabulous. I don't think I've ever had a ham that good. Now we know what we'll have for Christmas dinner.

Tristen was my pie maker this year. He made 6 pumpkin pies that week. We took two to Hans' squadron lunch and ate the rest. Tristen wants to do more cooking now. Getting all the food out. There was tons and we had leftovers for the next three nights.Abigails Thanksgiving dinner.

3 comments:

TQ said...

I'm pretty impressed that Tristen baked all those pies! I really like your blue living room! I think this is the first time I've seen it.

Jenni said...

It was great spending Thanksgiving with you all!

David said...

Looking at all that food is making me hungry.