Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yeah it is Fall!!

I have been so excited for Fall this year. Hans has not been home for the past two Fall seasons and he has missed out on a lot of fun. I am so excited that he is home and gets to spend time with us. Halloween is definitely a favorite Holiday at our house.

This weekend started off the fun for the month. We headed up to Green Bluff to pick some pumpkins. It was a cool, fall day here in Spokane. We had some rain, sunshine, and wind all in the same day. We got up to the farms and enjoyed a good picnic.
We met up with some other people from Hans' squadron and headed through the corn maze. Now for all of you that have lived in Utah - this is nothing like the mazes there. This is much smaller and takes a lot less time. I really miss the maze in Logan!


This is the castle in the middle of the corn field. Once you get there you can go in and look around. When Hans and I got to the castle the kids were pretending to be in jail.Sitting in the King's chair in the castle.Our group from the squadron (minus two - Jenni and Beth)

The kids after the corn maze. This is a pirate ship that they can play on.

After the maze we headed out to the fields for some good pumpkin picking. There were tons to choose from. We all ended up with our perfect pumpkins. Most of us like the big ones but Gavin wanted one that was small (I think so he could carry it).


It looks bigger when he is holding it!This year we also got a bale of straw and some corn stalks. We can't wait to carve the pumpkins!

We also went to another farm and got some delicious pumpkin doughnuts. I can't even tell you how good they are. I ate way to many!

We were getting ready to head home when I remembered that Hans had to go to one more farm. At this one they launch the pumpkins in the air. This is called Pumpkin Chunkin. It is amazing how far they can go.


They kids also played in the straw. Okay I'll admit that Hans and I jumped in it too!It was a great Fall day!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

How fun! It was neat to see a real pumpkin patch with the pumpkins still on the vine. Ours were already picked and just sitting around for you to buy. We missed the UT mazes too--ours was pretty cheesy. Love the pics in the hay!!

I'll e-mail you the recipe. It is seriously awesome!

nana.amc said...

The pictures are great! What a fun way to start the season. I have never been through a corn maze! Have to put that on my list of things to do.

Watts Family said...

I LOVE the Fall too!
Looks like you guys are staying busy.