Hans and I got home this past Monday from our Caribbean Cruise. We had such a great time. I have felt a little overwhelmed to start the blog because the trip was so great and I almost don't even know where to start. We ended up taking over 450 pictures with our camera plus another four rolls of film for the underwater pictures. It really was an amazing week! I am so glad that I got to spend the week with Hans. We haven't had that long of a vacation for just the two of us.
Well it all started when Hans' mom, the kids call her Gree-Gree, got to come out and stay with the kids so we could take off on our adventure. The kids were all so excited to have her come and I'll have to post some of what they did with her as well. They have lots of pictures too! Rita came in on Thursday.. Even on the first day here Gree-Gree treated them to some yummy candy bars as she played Clue with them.
Well it all started when Hans' mom, the kids call her Gree-Gree, got to come out and stay with the kids so we could take off on our adventure. The kids were all so excited to have her come and I'll have to post some of what they did with her as well. They have lots of pictures too! Rita came in on Thursday.. Even on the first day here Gree-Gree treated them to some yummy candy bars as she played Clue with them.
They next day we got up pretty early and headed out to do some last minute shopping. It is pretty hard to find swimsuits in October in Washington. However in Florida there were quite a few. We had some more hard times trying to find the car rental return. The map the rental place gave us was horrible so we ended up buying one. Once we figured that all out everything fell into place. We did our shopping, returned the car, and hopped on a shuttle to the cruise terminal.
We started at the top floor and worked our way back down. This was the top of the indoor looking down to the main lobby. The wavy lines is a dance floor. They had a great singer every night.
On the first day we had an emergency drill. I had to get a picture of us wearing our life vests. Luckily it was the only time we had to
Leaving Miami.....

The first day the boat was really rocking. Later we went out on the lower deck and were amazed by how big some of the waves were. As we were standing there we kept getting sprayed. It was kind of funny to feel the boat moving so much and watching all the people walking funny. It really felt strange. After a while we got used to it. Luckily we didn't get motion sickness at all!
This was at our first dinner. We sat with another couple at a table that overlooked the lower level of the dinning room. It was strange at first to have to have a forced conversation at first, but we soon ended up really enjoying Debbie and Alan. We were glad to have a great couple to hang out with.
After dinner we headed to the top deck to see the beautiful view. It was our first moonlight night. It was breathtaking. The picture doesn't do it justice.
When we went back to our room we had this cute little guy laying on the bed. It is made out of towels.
I have a lot more to share but I will slowly get to all of it. Sorry this first one was so long.

5 comments:
I am so glad to hear that you had such a good time and can't wait to see more pictures.. I am really glad you are back though:)
Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time! Isn't it fun to just be together and enjoy each other without the kiddies??
It was fun to see Rita. I'm sure the kids had such a fun time with her.
Can't wait to see the places you stopped!
too much fun! I don't thld eveink I cour get ona boat...just not for me. Can't wait to hear more.
Your cruise looks like such a blast! we are jealous, but you guys totally deserve a nice vacation. It made me crave a cruise though....hmmm...i think it won't be for sometime. We're so glad that you had so much fun! Tell all hello for us!
So I don't have to wait to see you to hear about your cruise. I found you on Julianne's blog! Great pictures! I'm so glad it was fun for you!
Post a Comment